Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011... Hello 2012...

As 2011 ends, I look back over the year and think that it could have been worse. Things started out on a high note, with getting a freelance graphics job that quickly ended. Then I started helping a friend shoot weddings for his video production business, which moved me over to helping same friend on a couple of corporate jobs in which I helped shoot and edit video, as well as create 3D graphics logos for the clientele. In September I was working with my old boss again doing DVDs and editing video presentations for one of his clients. Work that picked up again in November and that is on a continuing basis into the new year.

Around March, I was able to take care of my dental issues, which greatly improved my health. All in time to see my one Sister-In-Law's get married to her second husband. In August when school started, my son who turns 10 tomorrow was hit by a car while riding his bike. Luckily he was not seriously injured and just had to wear a splint and use crutches for a couple of weeks.

September, my brother came to visit from Washington State. First time we had seen him since our Father died in 2008. We didn't get to do everything we wanted, but we did pull the kids from classes so that we could all go to the zoo. The day I took him to the airport, I was heading home and my van broke down on the freeway. It still isn't fixed.

October 17th, my wife and I celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary. We decided we would invite our daughter, our oldest niece and their boyfriends to join us at a local amusement park. While on the way to the park, we had a tire blowout on the freeway and no spare (borrowed van). Spent 2 hours waiting for someone to bring us a spare on a rim that didn't fit right. 30 minutes later, after finding a tire shop to change rims and getting the "spare" back on the vehicle, we were enjoying ourselves. It was a fun time, and I still need to make copies of the pictures for everyone!

Halloween was a little different this year as we didn't have the van to take the kids to Grandma's house to go Trick 'r Treating around her neighborhood. So we went over to the Church and did their Trunk 'r Treat program, then I came home and my wife took the kids and went to another Church for their Trunk 'r' Treat program and then let the kids hit a few houses on the way home for some good old Trick 'r Treating. The older 3 kids hitched rides with Aunts to Grandma's house so they could go out with their cousins and then brought home some of Grandma's Halloween Chili that she makes every year.

Thanksgiving was the usual, seeing as how we always have it at our house, since we have the biggest house out of all my wife's family.

Christmas came and people that we know thought that it might not be a very good Christmas for us, but my wife had been planning since August, so Christmas was better than it was last year. Christmas dinner was the usual, since... See Thanksgiving. I ended Christmas day by watching the Doctor Who Christmas Special by myself. My wife went to bed somewhat early, because she had to be to work early the next morning. The kids went downstairs to watch the movies that Santa had brought them.

Heading into the new year, I'm making plans for a couple of things. One of the biggest things I'm planning is the release of a series of short animated films or an animated webseries. I've mentioned this plan before, here on the blog, and will be making an official announcement within the first 2 weeks of the year. If I decide to go the short film route, then I'm also planning to work on a webcomic/graphic novel to fill in some stories that I want to tell. If I go the webseries route, I might just turn those stories into episodes for the series. I'm still torn on which way to go. All of these plans are in addition to the continuation of the freelance stuff I'll be working on. Maybe even adding more freelance work to my schedule if I need the money.

Overall, 2011 has been a pretty good year. Here's hoping that 2012 is an even better year!

Happy New Year, Everyone!!!!!

No comments: